Match each word to the sentence where it best fits.
|Avogadro’s number|| ||Boltzmann’s constant|
|Brownian motion|| ||Calorie|
|Celsius scale|| ||Fahrenheit scale|
|Kelvin scale|| ||absolute zero|
|heat|| ||kinetic theory|
|phases of matter|| ||solid|
|specific heat|| ||temperature|
|thermal energy|| ||thermometer|
- The ________ is a temperature scale on which the boiling point of water is 212°.
- The wood in a table is an example of matter in its ________ phase.
- The __________ is a unit of energy that is often found on food nutritional labels.
- A/An __________ is a unit of thermal energy, commonly used in chemistry, that is equal to the amount of energy required to heat one gram of water by one degree Celsius.
- ___________ is a form of energy associated with the temperature of a single object.
- The ________ is a temperature scale on which the freezing point of water is at 0°.
- The qualities of hot or cold are described by ________.
- It takes 4.18 J to raise one gram of water by one degree Celsius because the ________ of water is 4.18 J/(g ºC).
- A mole of nitrogen atoms contains a number of individual atoms defined by _______.
- _______ provides the conversion between microscopic thermal energy per particle and macroscopic temperature.
- Temperature is measured with a/an _______.
- The helium inside a balloon is an example of matter in its ________ phase.
- Gas, liquid, and solid are the three most commonly encountered __________.
- One _______ of an element contains 6.022×1023 individual atoms.
- The _______ is a connection between the microscopic behavior of collections of particles and their macroscopic properties.
- The _______ is an absolute scale for temperature.
- The lowest possible temperature is called _______.
- A pollen speck floating is water is observed to jiggle around when seen through a microscope. This chaotic behavior is known as ________.
- Apple juice is an example of matter in its ________ phase.
|Bernoulli’s equation|| ||Boyle’s law|
|Charles’s law|| ||compressible|
|ideal gas|| ||ideal gas law|
- The equation PV = nKT is an expression of the _______.
- An imaginary line through a fluid tracing the path of motion of a fluid particle is called the _______.
- Energy conservation along a streamline is often expressed as ρgh + ½mv2 + P = constant, which is also called _______.
- A/An _______ is a substance that can change shape and flow readily in response to applied forces.
- A/An _______ fluid will change its volume in proportion to changes in pressure.
- For a gas at constant pressure, the change in volume is proportional to the change in absolute temperature according to _______.
- _______ is force per unit area.
- A/An _______ fluid does not change its volume in proportion to changes in pressure.
- In a/an _______, randomly moving point particles only collide elastically with each other and the walls of the container.
- _______ is measured in kilograms per cubic meter in SI units.
- _______ is often expressed as P1V1 = P2V2.