Match each word to the sentence where it best fits.
|ampere (A)|| ||battery|
|closed circuit|| ||electric circuit|
|electric current|| ||electrical symbol|
|electricity|| ||open circuit|
|potential difference|| ||short circuit|
|volt (V)|| ||voltage|
- Another term for voltage is _______.
- The “1.5 V” label on an alkaline battery indicates its _______.
- The voltage across a circuit component can be measured using an instrument called a/an _______.
- When electricity can flow through a continuous loop it is called a/an _______.
- When a break in a wire prevents the flow of electricity, it is called a/an _______.
- The unit of measure for voltage is the _______.
- Electric current is measured using the unit of _______.
- A/An _______ converts chemical energy into electrical energy.
- The electronics in a mobile phone is an example of a/an _______.
- A drawing of an electrical circuit may contain one or more _______ to show how various circuit components are connected together.
- If a wire is connected to bypass elements of a circuit, this is called a/an _______.
- _______ is the flow of electric charges through a conductor.
|Ohm’s law|| ||digital multimeter|
|electrical conductor|| ||electrical insulator|
|ohm (Ω)|| ||resistance|
- The unit of electrical resistance is the _______.
- Any electrical device that resists the flow of electric current is a/an _______.
- A copper wire is a good example of a/an _______.
- Wood and glass are each an example of a/an _______.
- An electrical insulator has a very high _______ against the flow of electric current.
- The _______ has different settings to measure voltage, current, and resistance.
- A statement of _______ is that the current through a resistor is equal to the ratio of the voltage across it and its resistance.
|Kirchhoff’s current law|| ||Kirchhoff’s voltage law|
|circuit breaker|| ||equivalent resistance|
|kilowatt-hour (kWh)|| ||parallel circuit|
|series circuit|| |
- When two resistors each have one end connected to the negative terminal of a battery and the other end connected to the positive terminal, then the resistors are connected in a/an _______.
- In an electric circuit, you can draw many closed loops and analyze the voltage around each loop by applying _______.
- If you connected too many electrical appliances to one outlet, you might trip the _______ in your house.
- The power company typically charges by calculating electricity usage using units of the _______.
- ________ states that all the current entering a circuit junction must equal the total current leaving that junction.
- You can calculate the _______ using the equations for adding resistances in series or parallel.
- When two resistors are connected such that the same current must flow through one resistor then the other, they are connected in a/an _______.